Bill C-51, the Anti-terrorism Act, 2015 has been voted at 3rd reading in the House of Commons on May 6th, 2015. It is now in the Senate. Even after two national days of protests all over Canada, a drop in support for the bill from 82% to 33%, more than 205 000 people having spoken out online against C-51, the Conservatives are still refusing to listen to the majority of Canadians and are pushing this reckless, dangerous and unnecessary bill through Parliament with as little debate and amendments as possible.
Here is what you can still do:
- Tell the entire Senate to reject Bill C-51. At this moment, 15 Senators have publicly committed to oppose Bill C-51, 5 have said they will vote for the bill, and 62 are still undecided. Help them decide!
- Tell your Senator to reject fear and stop Bill C-51.
- If you are a conservative or a libertarian, please sign this letter against Bill C-51.
- Attend one of many events across Canada on the 3rd National Day of Action against Bill C-51.
- Spread the word by sharing this on social media.